Harrogate...

Evening all,

Hope you have had a lovely bank holiday weekend.

I thought I best update my blog with what's been going on as I haven't for a little while.

Mum and I took a trip to Harrogate to attend the British Craft and Trade fair a few weekends a go. I really wanted to go and visit as I'm keen to exhibit there for my first trade show and wanted to do some research. It was a perfect opportunity to turn it into a girly weekend with Mum too.

We went up on the Saturday to explore Harrogate first. We were keen to sample the famous Betty's Tea room's cream teas and yummy cakes. We couldn't believe when we got there the size of the queue (but it was definately worth it):

 
 
 
 
I enjoyed a scrumptious cream tea ..It was delicious. We then went for a walk round the shops. (we had to work the scones off some how!)
 
On the Sunday we went straight to the British Craft and Trade Show.


 
 
I was excited as I was a given a badge for 'Designer-Maker' - it's the little things! Mum and I started by going to straight to the 'Newcomers gallery' as that is where I would be showing (hopefully).
 
Everyone's stands looked brill. All the exhibitors that I spoke to said how helpful the organisers had been and how well run it was with the unloading and setting up. The stands looked fab and really got my mind whirling with ideas and inspiration. It was also lovely to meet up with another student of the Art and Business Of Surface Pattern Design Liz Smith of  Elle Jane Designs who was showing in the 'Newcomers Gallery' her work looked gorgeous.
 
I'm very keen to get cracking now and experiment, experiment, experiment.... and maybe next year 'May I Design' will be showing there (fingers crossed)!
 
See you soon,
 
xx