Experimenting

Good afternoon,

I hope you're all having a lovely Saturday.

I'm having a fun afternoon channelling my inner toddler, I have been making my own stamps out of foam and blocks of wood!

While I was away in Malta at the start of the year I took this picture a wall there. I love the irregular rickety look of it.

 
I want to recreate a similar look in different media. The first way was by making my own stamp...

 
I used items I already had at home
 
 
I cut the foam into uneven rectangles and attached them to the wooden block. I'm quite chuffed with the outcome.

 
 
I used black acrylic to print. I also applied the paint with different textures such as the mesh fabric above. I'm really liking how the paint isn't printing equally and therefore giving that uneven look, like in the original wall picture.
 
I can feel a very experimental afternoon coming on...!
 
See you soon
xx