Lino Printing

Happy weekend and what a gorgeous weekend it is, I hope it's sunny with you.

This week I have finally got round to using the lino printing kit I bought a little while ago. I've never used Lino before and was really excited to try it out.



I found this image on Pinterest and really loved the textures and shapes so thought I would use this for my initial motif.



 
 
In the kit there was already some circular lino pieces (this made it a lot easier!) I then began carving out my design.


 
 
 I really liked the outcome of the print. After stamping the lino into the ink I loved the impression that was left in the ink itself, and took a couple of prints directly from the ink tray.
 



I also experimented with different media such as ink, graphite sticks and using sting to print with. The possibilities are endless! This afternoon I think I will scan some of my work in and work with them digitally and see what happens.
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, see you soon
xx