We are just not friends...

Evening all,

Happy Monday :)

As I said in my last post I've signed up to a college course called 'Using Textiles'. Today I signed up to a day course called 'Making a friend of your sewing machine'. Me and sewing are not friends. I avoid it at all costs, even my partner does all the repairs in our household. I'm just not very good. The last time I used a sewing machine was in GSCE textiles where I made a chair cover, how? I couldn't tell you, it seems all knowledge has been wiped from my memory!

As I'm now starting to think about using my patterns on products, I thought it would be a good idea to sign up to this course! I have asked for a sewing machine for my birthday, like a proper one, a pink one, but a proper one! After asking, I was reminded that I got bought A 'Mini Stitch' sewing machine a couple of years ago. I'm not going to lie, until tonight it has not made it out of the box, when asked why, I said it's because I didn't know how to thread it, I got it out the box tonight... it was already threaded for me! WOOPS!


So tonight I had my first little play. Unsurprisingly, me and sewing machines are still not friends! How people manage to do it with such finesse and precision is beyond me!

This day course says it will show us all how to make a cushion cover. (I'll believe it when I see it!) 

I'm really doing this post today in the hope that in a few months time I'll look back and say 'Wow look how far I've come..' Or I may look back and think 'Who was I kidding..' either way it'll be fun to look back. Maybe!

 See you soon,
xxx