Before I went away I mentioned that I wanted to start a little feature on my blog every Friday to highlight other surface pattern designers who inspire me. The First Designer I would like to feature is the lovely  Gabrielle Treanor of The Green Gables.

I have only recently come across her work, but my what a find! Her work uses everyday objects to create quirky and eye catching designs. Not only are her patterns gorgeous but she also ensure all her stationery is printed on planet-friendly papers too.



I really love her simplistic drawing style and her use of colour. Gabrielle was lovely enough to send me an email (along with some other very kind designers who I hope to feature in the coming weeks)with some fab pointers for getting my own pattern design business started and telling me how she herself had started up
The Green Gables.
 
Gabrielle is celebrating The Green Gables 2nd year birthday this week by offering 20% off everything on her website - for more details click here.
 
Do go and have a nosey at her blog and website, it will put a smile on your face, I promise.
 
See you soon
xx
 
(if you would like to featured email me here)