Ohh working in a sketchbook is fun...

Hello,

Well it's been years since I have worked in a sketchbook but for my A-Z challenge I have decided to work through my ideas in one.. and it's fab. I'm not being too precious and I'm just popping images I've found on the Internet and little sketches in it. It's only a small A5 one so not too scary and I'm having loads of fun filling it.

 At the weekend I went home and had a flick through some of my old A-level art work. I was so much more daring and experimental back then. I'm not sure why I stopped but looking back through my work has made me feel inspired to try out new things and not worry so much (story of my life!!). Below are some images from one of my old sketch books. This one is from a collage project called 'Patterns in Nature'
Here I have done detailed drawing on skeleton leaves using pen and pencils

On this page I experimented with mixed media including papers, skeleton leaves and stitch

I used to do a lot of detailed ink drawings

Here I took pictures of some of the shells my Dad has collected over the years and used acrylic and pens to replicate them.

I used acrylic and cotton buds to 'draw' these shells

Here I even used plaster of Paris to replicate a fossil

I used broad brush strokes and thick acrylic on this one

So anywhoo back to the present, I'm going to show you what I have been working on so far and also tell you what theme I have chosen...

A is for ... Afternoon Tea
 
I created a digital mood board in Adobe Illustrator with a selection of photos from my current sketchbook
 
So I'm definitely underway with my first design. I now just need to do a little more experimenting and decided what sort of pattern I would like to create.
 
Hope you have enjoyed looking through my old and new work. Apologies for the rambling post tonight!!
 
See you soon,
 
xx